How do I get the file size of my game down?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Retro Weapon Sprites suited for classic style RPG games.
  • I'm trying to upload my game to the arcade, It's 10.8mb and the limit is 10mb and I was wondering is there any way to get it down to 10mb without changing the game?

• The only way really is to reduce either the size of your assets (a lot of users generally use art assets that are way larger than they actual need) or reduce the number of assets.

• zenox98 is right. You could also try downsizing the bitrate of your music, which was the largest factor in my last project.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't have any music in the game, but the backgrounds are 1920 x 1080 I'll try downscaling them.

• Here is an example of game with more than 10mb, uploaded successfully to the website Kongregate.Thanks a lot to Ashley and AarongamerX for the tutorials

Here are the simple ways:

Step 1) Upload your game to Google DriveStep 2) Upload To KongregateThat's it, Hope it helps =)

• Here is an example of game with more than 10mb, uploaded successfully to the website Kongregate.

kongregate.com/games/Herrislow/the-man-of-puteri-gunung-ledang

Thanks a lot to Ashley and AarongamerX for the tutorials

Here are the simple ways:

Step 1) Upload your game to Google Drive

scirra.com/tutorials/419/upload-your-game-to-google-drive

Step 2) Upload To Kongregate

scirra.com/tutorials/424/how-to-export-to-kongregatehow-to-upload-to-kongregate

That's it, Hope it helps =)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)