File Export Size Problems

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • So I'm currently exporting a project to the NW.js format (as that's the closest to an exe I can get), and it's throwing out sizes of 150 mb for windows, 250 for mac.

Bearing in mind, I have no videos, very few seconds, all images are low quality gifs and Jpegs (most images are under 100 kb). All my images are compressed for export to JPEGS, a good amount are at 1 quality. As a test, I deleted all my sounds, all my textboxes, a load of my JPEGs, exported and it still came out to the same size, minus a mb or two... Not sure if this is a bug or not. The entirety of all the used assets in my windows folder don't even come up to this amount.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • NWjs is a wrapper and includes the chromium browser embedded within, so the size is going to be large regardless, but as it is for a desktop, size is not usually an issue.

• NWjs is a wrapper and includes the chromium browser embedded within, so the size is going to be large regardless, but as it is for a desktop, size is not usually an issue.

The only problem really is that if I wanted this on a platform such as steam or GOG, the file size is going to be huge when it's done, and for such a simple and small game. Just unsure of what to do about this is all, but thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)