Failed to open project... How do I fix this?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • When I try to open my project a window opens which says the following:

"Cannot find object texture file 'SpriteFont.png' in the project texture folder. Check the file has not been renamed or removed.

Under element: c2project \ object-folder \ object-type

Line 4519, column 9"

Not sure quite what it means but I haven't renamed any SpriteFonts and it's preventing me from opening my project.

Help me guys

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Cody, do you save your file as a C2project (in a folder) or is it a capx? If it's a capx, you can decompress it with your regular compression software (7-zip, winrar...) and add an image named "SpriteFont.png" in the object-type folder. This should solve your issue.

Good luck!

• Thanks Valerian,

I'm still having problems though. I decompressed the project and it turns out there's no textures or animations folder? I tried creating a texture folder and adding a "SpriteFont.png" image but upon opening my project the same error message occurred, this time replacing "SpriteFont.png" for "Option1.png". I added another image to the folder named Option1 but the error message came up again saying I needed "Option2.png" and then later "9patch.png".... I'm Hoping I don't need to replace all of the textures in this way and also that I don't need to replace all of my animations too, because I had a lot -.-

Is there anyway I can recover the two missing folders?

• nope. you can't.

btw. check if you have .backup file ? you can restore your project to the last working state.

also create then a empty folder on your desktop and save as project in it. check if everything is there -> therefore you get back your folders and stuff.

• Tried restoring with the backup, same error... Oh well thanks guys

• Cody it looks like you lost some images in you project. Have you move your project directory recently? or deleted anything?

• No I haven't. All I did before this thing happened was add a few animations to one of my sprites and then save and exit.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)