Facebook MultiplayerGames/Commerce

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi, i'm new to this forum :) and i wanted to ask about a project I'm planning with Construct 2, and if it's possible. Here is the general idea of it:

A Card/Board game that people can play on their own or against each other via facebook. You could earn points to buy new cards and pieces in-game, and use Facebook's Payment API (If they have one, i mean FB credits and card details and such) to unlock premium content.

I learnt Construct 2 quite quickly, and I have basic SQL/XML/PHP knowledge.

What I want to know is:

1) Is it possible?

2) What would be the steps in creating such a game (Will I need a SQL server, or a dedicated web server; I can do that)

3) Are there any plugins, pre-installed or otherwise, that would make this easier?

I kinda figured I would need to have a dedicated server application, and I know Visual Basic.NET, so I'm hoping to build it in that (unless thats a bad idea?)

I looked at scirra.com/forum/multiplayer-plugins_topic60882.html and it sounds like just what I wanted, but it seems like a dead topic to me. Does anyone know whats happening wih this?

Anyway, I wiold really appreciate this help with my project :) Thanks in advance!

• Payments are possible, I have a working version of credits for my game in progress but its not overly user friendly. So it is possible. Real time multiplayer requires a plugin ATM I believe. I'm using php and MySQl for my game which is pretty close to real time but there is a definite delay.

I'm more knowledgable with the Facebook platform so I can't speak really about real time multi. I'm sure someone else will chime in. For credits currently you will need php skills, and the browser standard plugin. I'm working on updating my Facebook plugin to include the javascript credits system but its probably a few weeks off. Until then browser redirects is the only solid way to implement credits.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ... I looked at scirra.com/forum/multiplayer-plugins_topic60882.html and it sounds like just what I wanted, but it seems like a dead topic to me. Does anyone know whats happening wih this? ...

marlon667

You might like to look at this very live Multiplayer plugin/behavior topic that I've just posted.

• Thanks for that guys. I was also wondering, do you have any experience with Clay.io? I just integrated that into my game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)