Exporting Error

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hello, I finished my game and I tried to export as NW.js, I installed it and when the export finished, it show me a error like this:

Error during export: Cannot open file 'C:\Users\LUIS_CARLOS\Desktop\GameTest\osx32\gametest.app\Contents\Info.plist'

And when I open the win32 folder and open the game, it says that a file: nw_elf.dll is missing

What to do?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm going to reference this tutorial in regards to your OSX issue.

Export your nw.js folder. Don't do anything to the files. Network your pc and mac machines together. On your mac, copy the files from the PC to the mac. This should allow you to run your program. I recently exported my game, zipped the OSX folders, uploaded them to google drive and then downloaded them on my mac. Game wouldn't run. Got to do it the other way.

In regards to nw_elf.dll missing, I have no suggestions other than reinstalling nw.js.

• I have some trobules on windows too

• Same problem here - on windows

• getting the same error here also. Happened since I converted to Windows 10. You guys on 7 or 8 and getting same problem ?

• getting the same error here also. Happened since I converted to Windows 10. You guys on 7 or 8 and getting same problem ?

Yeah, win7, 64bit

• I guess ...... the answer is

NW.js 0.13.0-alpha5 + Construct 2 Release r217

check ur c2 and nwjs version~!

hope this could help u

• Hello I had the same problem and I installed other version of node.js. After doing that the problem dissapear. I downloaded the version v0.12.0 (Chromium 41) from the page https://www.scirra.com/nwjs

Hope this help u all guys!!

PD I have winx64

• jose901105 makes a good point. The newest version is only compatible with the beta r217. That's what caught me. I clicked the big download and I got the wrong one. Make sure it does not happen. Anyone else lurking who finds this, make sure the right one is installed.

• cheers to Mrcoldmu and jose 901105!

works ike a charm!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)