How do I export to Windows Phone 8.1?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hey everyone,

I installed VS2013 for Windows and got the project open, but when I try to debug it on my phone I get an error saying that "The required attribute 'Publisher' is missing."... not sure how to add it to the .xml file.

• The release notes for r166 cover this. You need to tweak the manifest file manually.

• Right click on package.appmanifest and select "View Code"

Find the line

<Identity Name="XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX" Version="1.0" />

And make it look like this:

<Identity Name="XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX" Version="1.0.0.0" Publisher="CN=XY" />

(Where XY is your name as publisher, for example knifegrindergames)

If you want to test on a real device remember to click on the arrow next to the play button and select "Windows Phone 8.1" as startup project (Windows 8.1 is the default option).

Said that, my first experience with WP 8.1 was quite disappointing with a lot of inconsistencies, audio drops and crashes, but since i make an heavy use of event sheet includes (r166 have a bug that reverts the usual order of fired events), VS 2013 is still a RC (not even RTM), WP8.1 is still a beta and I'm running it on a 512Mb device (a crappy Lumia 520)... well... I can't blame anyone or anything for that. I'll test soon on a proper device (a Lumia 920) building my project with C2 r167 and I'm confident that a lot of issues will go away.

Curiously Canvas2d mode seems a lot faster than WebGL.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Knifegrinder Thanks a bunch! My device is also a Lumia 520, I tested a few prototypes and you're right.. somehow Canvas2D mode seemed faster. I tested a physics game and it run really laggy then crashed, but it did look a lot better than with Canvas2D (no artifacts borders around each block in the tilemap).

Wonder how better would it run in top devices.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)