How do I Export To Windows 10?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • Hello all,

I'm not entirely stupid i've read through the windows 10 exports from multiple users, even using the latest construct 2 beta. My windows 10 setting is in developer mode and I go to load my game with visual studio 2015. In one tutorial it mentions to edit the manifest first and from what i can tell you need to change the application id from com.company.app to something else which isn't explained by anything or anyone...

Anyway following the official tutorial none of that is mentioned. So putting that to one side i get to the point of run local machine.

I get this error:

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line
    Error		"10.0.26624.0" is not a supported value for TargetPlatformVersion. Please change it on the Project Property page.Game	C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\JavaScript\Microsoft.VisualStudio.JavaScript.UAP.targets	64
    [/code:35tfdb8m]

No matter what TargetPlatformVersion I change it to. Any Clues??
  • After a lot of research and time. I deleted all the files and built again. This time it works! The only things i did differently to the project without deleting all the files first before building again in construct 2 was making sure the version was 1.0.0.0 before i built for windows store. Also I had installed the latest windows software development kit. Hopefully this will help anyone else with the same problem.

• Hello. I am having the same error when trying to run an exported Windows 10 game on Visual Studio.

Can you detail a little bit more what you did to fix it?

I am running Windows 10. Do I still need to download and install the windows sdk or just having Visual Studio installed is enough? Thanks.

• I gave up in the end, after fixing this problem i just ran into problem after problem and never got to building a fully working windows 10 export.

• You need to make sure you have the most up-to-date version of VS2013. In the installer, make sure you don't uncheck the support for Windows Store apps, or anything related to Javascript/HTML/web support.

• You need to make sure you have the most up-to-date version of VS2013. In the installer, make sure you don't uncheck the support for Windows Store apps, or anything related to Javascript/HTML/web support.

did you manage to install and run your exported win10 apps on an win10 mobile device?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You should just be able to connect a device and choose it in the dropdown by the "Debug"/"Run" button. Windows 10 Mobile hasn't been fully released yet though, so maybe it's not working because of that.

• I had this issue today. You have to make sure the Visual Studio's property page for the Construct project has a target version that matches the installed Windows 10 SDK/Emulator version.

You can discover what Windows 10 SDK/Emulator version number you have by looking in your Add/Remove programs.

After initially getting this error, I selected my correct version number in the property page and my Construct app built successfully in VS Enterprise 2015.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)