Export for desktop problem!

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • I have finished a demo version of my game and want to export it for desktop.

I used standard option for png recompression.

The problem is after i export the game and i start it, i can't find "Main menu or the tutorial screen",

it jumps directly in the game. Also the text in the game is not at the right place and some objects which use overlay effect look terrible, very pixelated.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

• Under Project Settings, is "First Layout" set appropriately?

as for the text in the wrong place, you need to do some research on fullscreen scaling and such (and possibly parallax, but I have no idea what you're doing)..

Try this: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/73/sup ... reen-sizes

and do some research on effects.. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

• spacedoubt already straightened you out on the layout.

One little tip for spritefont: use a spritefont with a resolution in excess of it's ingame size (memory/performance permitting). Make it display smaller by adjusting the scale of the spritefont. This way, construct will downsample the spritefont, which will look sharper. It'll also look sharper on higher rez displays (assuming you are using high quality scaling). Finally, if you want to make your text a little bigger, you won't have to regenerate your spritefont, or put up with a blurry render quality.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks a lot guys, this was really helpful.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)