Exact positioning with path-finding

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • So I can't seem to figure out how to make an object with path-finding to go to a specific point on the layout.

For example, I would want the object to go to x200 , y300, and depending on how close the object is to these coordinates, it would over-shoot or under-shoot the position...

So, do you know a way to make it arrive at the exact position?

• It should arrive at the position you've specified.

• It should arrive at the position you've specified.

Here's a .capx file showing what I mean: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9mwk4301i7cjn ... .capx?dl=0

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's just to do with the speed, acceleration and deceleration, those kind of options. If it takes a longer time to slow down it'll shoot past it or can start slowing too early. I'm not entirely sure what the perfect settings are to stop immediately but maybe somebody knows.

If you want to move to an exact location you could try the rexrainbow moveto plugin, which doesn't have the need for physics and speed settings on an object. It simply moves the sprite to an exact location.

• It's just to do with the speed, acceleration and deceleration, those kind of options. If it takes a longer time to slow down it'll shoot past it or can start slowing too early. I'm not entirely sure what the perfect settings are to stop immediately but maybe somebody knows.

If you want to move to an exact location you could try the rexrainbow moveto plugin, which doesn't have the need for physics and speed settings on an object. It simply moves the sprite to an exact location.

Does it set the position of the object, or does it move it towards that position with a constant speed?

• It moves towards the position at a constant speed and it is exact, probably what you are looking for. If you want to just teleport to a position you use set position.

• It moves towards the position at a constant speed and it is exact, probably what you are looking for. If you want to just teleport to a position you use set position.

Great then, thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)