every 100 Coins = 1 life (mario bros)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This sound pack comes with 100 high quality, ready-to-use sound effects for all kinds of games.
  • Hello

English

Hello good, I wanted to know how I can perform the command every 100 coins or points 1 life is added, if they could help me thanks and regards

Español

Hola buenas, queria saber como puedo realizar el comando de que cada 100 monedas o puntos se agregue 1 vida, si me podrian ayudar gracias y saludos

• I assume your coins and life are already variables.

Condition

System - Compare two values: CoinsVariable = 100

Action

Add 1 to LifeVariable

Set CoinsVariable to 0

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I guess you already have a variable for coins. What you have to do now, is this: one way is to use modulo. I think that's the simplest, because you don't need any additional variables.

Add an event:

System|Compare two values: Coin%100 = 0 (and) Trigger once while true -> System|Add 1 to Life

(Assuming Coin is the variable for coins and Life for lifes)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyaxf6pw0emqt ... o.jpg?dl=0

Maybe you may want to add another condition: Coin /= 0, so 1 life isn't added on start when you have 0 coins.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyhd4vxhz3u6y ... 2.jpg?dl=0

What is modulo?

Modulo is actually the remain of dividing. In C2, it is represented with percent sign (%).

Example:

50%100 = 50 (50/100 = 0, 50 remains)

100%100 = 0 (100/100 = 1, 0 remains)

200%100 = 0 (200/100 = 2, 0 remains)

• Thank you very much friend, but finished before yesterday, a friend helped me a tutorial, but equal to I made something similar oosyrag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add variable global: variable number|Extras = 100

And In Add Event: System|Monedas = Extras | system add 1 life -->(compare variable: monedas = Extras)

| system add 100 extras

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and thereby completing 100 coins system adds 1 life and 100 extras, so to reach 200 coins 1 life and 100 extras, and so on is added: D Thanks alike, if it serves this would be great

Thank You Friends

• See also, as one can reset a global variable, and no reset all?

• See also, as one can reset a global variable, and no reset all?

I guess the only way to do that is System|Set value to 0 (or whatever you have at start).

• thank you friend grigrizljac and the others, greeting

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)