Events vs. custom Behavior, what should I do

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • As I am tossing ideas at construct when they strike me, I end up recreating the same event chains over and over again (adjusting old prototypes and rebuilding them). At this point I think it might be better to have a custom behavior to implement this movement to

a) save time

b) save events

c) keep the event code clean

I had a look at rexrainbow 's 8wayMP Behavior to see if I was able to build a custom version of his custom version to support the grid movement I want for some of my games / prototypes. I was about to jump into randomly changing parts of the js code when a thought struck me...

What about performance?

I know that in web development implementing the wrong js plugin, carelessly using jquery selectors (in loops) and stuff happen to have a large impact of performance. On the other hand, all events generate js code anyway (optimized, I am shure. Thanks Ashley).

What are your experiences when working with custom behaviors vs. events. I plan to switch to the paid version soon so the number of events isn't a factor for me (or won't be soon). Should I wait and stick to events or would it be better to try and build a movement behavior (or hope that someone else creates one)?

MC

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Performance will be better when using a plugin or behavior as opposed to events. It's usually negligibly faster but can make a big difference when doing complex stuff such as pathfinding.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)