How do I make an enemy bounce off after hitting the player

From the Asset Store
Bounce the ball and try to keep it bouncing and prevent it from falling down for as long as you can.
  • I'm trying to program a simple AI so that the Sprite will move towards the player when he comes on screen, and then attack. My mechanics are very simple since I am a total noob so the sprite's attack is just running into the player. I would like to create a bounce effect so the sprite will bounce off after hitting the player, then continue attacking.

Image of my event sheet here: imgur.com/gallery/Lqw12ws

As you can see in the image- (@Green Arrow) the wolf is still when the global variable "Wolftrigger" is 0, and when he comes into view it increases to 1 and he goes at the player (so far, so good).

But I tried to create a system (@Red Arrow) where the "Wolftrigger" moves up to 2 and he bounces off after a successful attack, but it doesn't seem to work. When I play test he turns around a bit, but he does not jump back the way I would like.

As you can see I'm using a bullet movement behavior and that may be my problem. I also did try using the actual "bounce" line but it barely bounces off at all. Any advice you could give would be great, as I said total newb here- THANKS.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Posted image for you

Just a thought, you could set angle/speed of bullet directly - rather than using the bounce function in the bullet behaviour?

• Just a thought, you could set angle/speed of bullet directly - rather than using the bounce function in the bullet behaviour?

Thank you!

The bounce function at #14 is a relic of a failed attempt to use tat function, but if you look at #15 I have tried to reset the angle away from the player and increase the speed for the bounce/jump-back effect I'm looking for.

Thanks again for the tip and posting the picture.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)