Encountered an Improper argument when opening cap.x?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • dropbox.com/s/7mjiu8fq8bnphal/PHornHunt.capx

Hey everyone, this is extremely important to me because of how much time I've spent on this project.

I began to experience issues opening the capx of my game tonight after turning my computer back on.

Whenever I try to open the file, construct 2 says nothing but "Encountered Improper File" and I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this at all. Please help!

-Mason

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The project file appears to actually be a Scirra Arcade game export, zipped, and then renamed .capx. This is obviously not a valid Construct project so cannot be opened. You'll need the original project. If something has gone wrong, restore a backup; if you don't have a backup, you just learned the hard way why you need to keep backups.

• Yeah. I originally tried opening it and it said that in the game files, there was something wrong with “dirt.png” so I went into the game files and saw that it was still there with nothing wrong with it. It still wouldn’t open, so then I tried opening the capx off of itch.io which I had uploaded to the day before. I also noticed that when the project was still open, some things began to lose their sprite images. I heard that this might have to do with a file cleaning software or something?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)