How do I Encapsulate code for reuse

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Two levels with two sistem Wave. with Source-code (.c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm creating buttons, and many of the effects and events are repeated many times.

For example I have this condition:

Main Condition

Mouse->On Left Button Clicked on "Button"

OR

Touch-> Is Touching "Button"

Sub Condition

System -> Trigger once

How Can I create in construct language something that receice a button as parameter, and check all of this conditions, to be used instead of repeating all of this?

• Usual way is to create a function, pass it as a param the UID of a button object. In the function, pick the object from UID then do what you want.

• This works fine for actions, but this doesn't work for conditions, I can't find a way to put a function call as a condition.

• function.call("myfunction")

• But on the function conditions there is only the "Compare Parameter" and the "On Function".

Are you using another plugin to do this?

• luizfbicalho

You could put all of your different buttons into a family and assign an instance variable to the family, where you store the desired action.

Then you check for mouseclicks like so:

On left mouse button clicked on ButtonFamily -> call function CheckForButtonPress(ButtonFamily.UID)

On Function "CheckForButtonPress"

Pick ButtonFamily with UID function.param 0

Compare ButtonFamily.Variable

ButtonFamily.Variable = "menu" -> Call Menu

ButtonFamily.Variable="quit" -> Quit

etc.

I hope it's somewhat understandable.

But it will not work with the free version of Construct 2, because of families.

• that's about how I'd approach it, and I see luizfbicalho already has a license so that should be okay.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Compare ButtonFamily.Variable

ButtonFamily.Variable = "menu" -> Call Menu

ButtonFamily.Variable="quit" -> Quit

etc.

ok I misunderstood the OP. Callbacks is a good solution but you can just do Function: Call ButtonFamily.Variable() as a shortcut.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)