effects that scale / rotate an object ?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • Hello, I hope someone can help out with my question.

I want to scale a circular object so it looks like its rotating in perspective (like a record on a turntable) - Rotoscale has tiling, so as the object rotates, you can see tiled parts in the corners, and the scale plugin does not work with rotated layers - are there any more out there? or is this possible in code?

Thanks as always!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I want to scale a circular object so it looks like its rotating in perspective (like a record on a turntable)

I'm a little confused as to where the scaling comes into play, if you're simply trying to rotate an object. Maybe I'm not understanding the question correctly.

If (using your example) you're trying to rotate an object, like a record, I would simply use the rotate behavior.

If you're trying to then give that object some kind of wobble effect, like an old record on a turntable, I would experiment with effects, or look into using animated sprites for both the rotation and wobble.

• Nexis717 I mean, that I want to maintain a scaled size, say 100% wide, 50% high while the object rotates, so it retains an oval shape at one angle constantly - there are effects that do it but each has weird glitches that prevent my use...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)