How to I have effects always match with music cues?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This Girls Game allows young fashionistas to develop their taste and skills as a fashion designer.
  • Hello, I have a situation where I have a long layout that automatically scrolls to the right that the player will follow. A song is playing throughout, and at certain parts of the song, certain effects will then appear. I had my times set up, but something I discovered while testing is that when my computer chugs a bit, it completely messes up the timing. Everything on my layout will slow down for maybe a second, but the music stays the same, so then it ends up out of sync and I can't properly time when I should have these effects happen at x seconds. How can I ensure that even if a computer is running very badly and slows everything down, the effects will still match with the song?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Penumbra

Dude, they have an audio expression call "PlaybackTime" in the audio expression, this might help you out!

Have fun!

• Hrm, I'm sorry, but I'm having a little trouble understanding how this expression would work for this case. Could you explain it a little further? Thanks!

• Penumbra

Sure, you will have to give me 2 things

1. The sound file that you want to use

2. the time in second of the sound that will trigger the effect

Then I'll make the example capx for you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)