Educational Game Drag and Drop

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Use inertion of your movements to throw, rotate your objects and etc. Objects can interact with others while dragging.g
  • Hi guys,

Below is a snapshot which shows what I need I'm trying to teach adjectives (converted from nouns) and I would like to make a game which allow visitors to drag and drop the word from the right to the left empty boxes. When there is a match, a green check mark will appear. It would be great if it uses xml files to get the list of words. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Any help is appreciated.

• You might get a better response in the "How do I ?" section of the forum ?

• xmlMatching.capx

note that for simplicity you can only have 5 "question" at a time. Also, by just inverting noun and adjective in the xpath you can have the opposite exercise (match noun to adjectives)

• Thanks a lot Yann, this is a great help and made many things possible now for us. I really appreciate it. I love the way it looks too. One question, this test was for "adjectives", is it possible to add a link on top, saying "adverbs"? when the person clicks on "adverbs", they will see the same template but with adverbs instead. It will use the same xml code. To distinguish between the adjectives and adverbs "pair2" instead of "pair" can be used inside the xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<pairs>

<pair>

<noun>Beauty</noun>

<adjective>Beautiful</adjective>

</pair>

<pair>

<noun>Ease</noun>

<adjective>Easy</adjective>

</pair>

<pair>

<noun>Juice</noun>

<adjective>Juicy</adjective>

</pair>

<pair>

<noun>Strength</noun>

<adjective>Strong</adjective>

</pair>

<pair>

<noun>Nature</noun>

<adjective>Natural</adjective>

</pair>

<pair2>

<noun>Mathematics</noun>

<adjective>Mathematically</adjective>

</pair2>

<pair2>

<noun>Practice</noun>

<adjective>Practically</adjective>

</pair2>

<pair2>

<noun>Actual</noun>

<adjective>Actually</adjective>

</pair2>

<pair2>Quick</noun>

<adjective>Quickly</adjective>

</pair2>

<pair2>

<noun>Slow</noun>

<adjective>Slowly</adjective>

</pair2>

</pairs>

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yes it is possible (with a button rather than a link)

Though I would either load another xml for the adverbs.

Just restarting the layout and loading another xml would probably be easier for you

If you really want to put everything in the same xml, you should at least have a structure that makes more sense.

Like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 
    <definitions>
      <adjectives>    
        <pair>
          <noun>Beauty</noun> 
          <adjective>Beautiful</adjective> 
        </pair>    
        <pair>
          <noun>Ease</noun> 
          <adjective>Easy</adjective> 
        </pair>
      </adjectives>
      <adverbs>    
        <pair>
          <noun>Mathematics</noun> 
          <adverb>Mathematically</adverb> 
        </pair>    
        <pair>
          <noun>Practice</noun> 
          <adverb>Practically</adverb> 
        </pair>
     </adverbs>
    </definitions>[/code:272yz6b0]
  • So I just copy the whole Layout 1 and paste it into a Layout 2? Then add a button to the first layout and link it to the second layout? What about event sheet 1? Do I copy it as well and create a new event sheet 2 page? I will try to use your xml suggestion which has the new structure, but under one xml (since I prefer having them both under one xml file).

• If the above is too much. Can you tell me how to add a check mark (green check mark) for the questions which are correct after validation. So that the person will be able to know which question was right. So that they can only fix the wrong choices. Thank you for your help!!!

• You just need to create a sprite whenever the check for the answer is correct.

Modified capx attached, that is just to show you when to create it. Remember to deleted when not needed anymore.

• Thanks!! This works great. I really appreciate it! Is there a way I can add a button to Reset everything back to how it was. So that the person can try again? Thanks a lot both Yann and caiorosisca.

• I just realized that the game is only displayed on Chrome. When I open it using Internet Explorer or Firefox it does not open. Do you guys know why? The only thing I see is the template but I cannot see the xml words on the side.

• I appreciate any input. Thanks!

• Oh well.

• Any updates?

• I created this game using conctruct 2 and an xml file. It worked for about 8 months or so and suddenly the xml data is no longer showing on a browser even though I never changed the game source code. Is there an update which browser implemented recently to prevent xml files from showing? This problem is happening on Chrome, IE, and Firefox. Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)