How do I edit text in a text box?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • Hi all,

I'm following along with the "Ghost Shooter" tutorial, and I've reached the following point:

"Double-click a space to insert another object. This time pick the Text object. Place it in the top left corner of the layout. It's going to be hard to see if it's black, so in the properties bar, make it bold, italic, yellow, and choose a slightly larger font size."

The thing is, I can't find where I'm supposed to edit it in the properties bar. I've spent awhile looking around but can't find anything. (I did manage to do some minor editing by setting up a CSS action in the event tab). Can someone please help?

Thanks,

-Yager

• Make sure you have clicked to select the text object, then ensure that on the left hand side, it's properties are showing. The section at the bottom is what you require.

• Hi zenox98,

Thanks for your reply. I don't see those options under the property bar though. I've tried clicking and double clicking the text box in the Layout tab and the Objects tab, but to no avail. I've attached an image of what I see.

Thanks,

-Yager

• That's because you have used a 'Text Box' object rather than the normal 'Text' object.

• I see! Thank you for the help!

-Yager

• Also if you like a kind of text you can "right click" => clone it, to make another one with same settings, do not use ctrlv/ctrl+v or it won't work like you expect ^^

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Foxmaster,

Good advice! Thanks!

-Yager

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)