How do I edit scroll position

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Hello,

So I have a platformer character with scroll to applied in the behavior.

The level needs to be set to Unbounded scroll.

When the layout starts the character and level are are centered in the middle of the screen.

Is there a way to make the layout to start just like it's set up in the layout editor?

Here is a link to a sample of what I'm talking about.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nga7uk48vbnwggc/sample.capx

Please help this is the last issue I have until I can finish this giant of a project

• When I start your sample here, objects are displaying exactly as we see them in the layout editor... can't see the problem.

• Oh, forget it you forgot to set unbound scrolling to on.

Let's see... When you set the "scroll to" behavior to an object it will always be centered on screen. There are many ways to give this scroll an offset, but in order to explain better I need more detail on the expected behavior. Do you want the camera to be scrolled to a fixed offset in relation to your character? Or will it be dynamic, like, it starts with an offset, but then it centers on the character?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I wouldn't mind a fixed offset but would really love the layout to start where it belongs.

I tried to set the scroll to start when the player hits the center but it jerks around to much when the player hits it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)