How do I duplicate same sprite with different names?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • I'll try to explain better, sorry if the question is pretty silly, I am a beginner.

I have to compile a grid with some letters-tiles with a sprite font.

I have an array 12x12, I'd like to duplicate the spritefont object and assign to it different letters with settext.

I'll have a1, a2, a3 ... and so on, can I assign settext to UID ? Have I to create new spritefont object for each tile?

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Right click on your sprite - > Clones ?

• With Clone I have the same object but completely independent.

If I'll need to change or correct the Spritefont image for example I have to do it for every one, right?

I am asking if it's possible to change properties of specific duplicates.

Same object, same images and references, but for example set everyone with different text or frames.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe you can use copy/paste of object and use "pick by UID/IID"

• Just spawn one instance of your spritefont object for each tile. You can select them easily later, for example by position or text. The basic tutorials actually teach you stuff like this.

No need for any cloning...

• Just spawn one instance of your spritefont object for each tile. You can select them easily later, for example by position or text. The basic tutorials actually teach you stuff like this.

No need for any cloning...

Thank you a lot, can you suggest me the right template to find the best way to solve this little problem?

I can use one tile, with 3 instances, text, horiz position and vertical position... but when the layout starts, how can I assign specific values to each one?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)