How do I Duplicate a complete Layout

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A whole set you need to create a gorgeous winter 2d game
  • Hello Constructers!

I select a layout, right click on it, then select DUPLICATE, it makes a clone of it, but a empty one.

Then I try to select my assets and add them to that layout and it gives me the:

"This layer is overridden by a global layer"

What do I have to do in order to sussecfully duplicate a working layout?

I have created a Layout from Sractch, and pasted the items, but... the layers are on zero, so I will have to create them.... its there a better way?

Aldo

Aldo

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well... I don't think there's a actual way to clone the entire layout, because if you want the exact same layout to be used... just use the same layout o-o right? I don't know.

But of course, sometimes it's better to copy a few things from a layout to another and then change a few things instead of creating the hole layout all over again from zero.

In this case I suggest you to read a little about layers: https://www.scirra.com/manual/85/layers

You can set the layers with the assets you want to repeat to be global layers, and then make the changes of the layout in a new local layer.

Also, if you want the layout to look exactly the same as the other, just let it be as a empty layout with the same global layers of the other one.

There are quite a few ways to solve this, and it all depends on what you want to do.

Sorry I can't help you more

• right click on your layout in project bar--> duplicate--> rename the new layout---> it's the same with the same objects

• Thanks people! What I did its: Remove GLOBAL=YES, into the properties of the Layer.!

Thanks again!

See you soon!

Aldo

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)