How do I draw part of the image of a sprite?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Draw It!
$19 USD
The objective is to correctly guess and complete the missing part of the picture.
  • Hi,

I would like to draw a given area or we say part of a sprite.

For example, the sprite is a full-size image, and I just want to draw part of it by given area's start x,y, width, and height.

I don't want to set the frames and make other settings for this, because I want to load the image from URL when the game is running, and then draw part of the content when the game needed.

and thanks Kyatric Ashley

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So you want to cut out a part of the sprite? Try blend modes. Click File-New in Construct editor and select "Example: Blend Modes"

• So you want to cut out a part of the sprite? Try blend modes. Click File-New in Construct editor and select "Example: Blend Modes"

Yes. I will try soon! thank you! hope it works for me^^

Hi buddy, I have checked the sample. However, I am worried about the performance cost and maybe it can not work on some browser...

And it is not so good for my project to draw the full-size sprite image and then blend to show part of it. The best choice is to just set the sprite size to be the content size I need to draw...

• If you are not using blend modes with too many objects/layers, they should work fine on PC in any browser. They may be quite slow on mobile though.

It's not possible to cut off part of the sprite. You can use Paster plugin - add Paster object to the layout, resize and position it correctly and then paste a part of the sprite onto it.

construct.net/en/forum/extending-construct-2/addons-29/plugin-paster-66240

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)