Drag just the top object (without drag n drop behavior)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I'm making a custom drag n drop behavior with events, without using the built-in behavior that is very limited. I'm using physics and the touch object. Everything is working fine, except for one thing:

I disabled collisions between the draggable objects, so they can overlap each other. And here is the problem... when there is more than one draggable objects overlapping each other, if I click to drag, everyone is activated, not just the top one. And it is different sprites, not just different instances of the same... so I just can't figure out how to work around that.

How can I manage to fix this?

• I'm guessing you have different events for different sprites?

Mouse -> On Sprite1 clicked -> (start dragging Sprite1)

Mouse -> On Sprite2 clicked -> (start dragging Sprite2)

etc.

Just create a flag (a global variable) isDragging. Set isDragging=1 when a sprite is clicked, reset to 0 when it's dropped.

Add a second condition to all these events:

System-> isDragging=0

Or if all these draggable sprites are in a family, and you have just one event (Mouse->On DraggableFamily clicked), add DraggableFamily->Pick Top Instance as a sub-event.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm guessing you have different events for different sprites?

Mouse -> On Sprite1 clicked -> (start dragging Sprite1)

Mouse -> On Sprite2 clicked -> (start dragging Sprite2)

etc.

Just create a flag (a global variable) isDragging. Set isDragging=1 when a sprite is clicked, reset to 0 when it's dropped.

Add a second condition to all these events:

System-> isDragging=0

Or if all these draggable sprites are in a family, and you have just one event (Mouse->On DraggableFamily clicked), add DraggableFamily->Pick Top Instance as a sub-event.

Yeah!

It worked very well

Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)