is downloading my own app legal ?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • hi

i noticed that when you install your own app you get +1 download on your app console in google playstore. So if i keep downloading it I can get it featured and people tend to like apps with more downloads regardless of the app quality.

Do i get suspended for doing this or not ?

• Sometimes I feel like I've been given ringside tickets to the fireworks show know as the end of the human race.

This guys selling popcorn.

• Sometimes I feel like I've been given ringside tickets to the fireworks show know as the end of the human race.

This guys selling popcorn.

no need for what you said !

It is however a selling technique , my app is free so if i download it as much as i want do i get in trouble

• I doubt there are any rules against it -- you'd have to look at Google's terms of service to get a definitive answer for that -- but I also doubt this would actually work. According to this article, the number shown on the store is a count of the number of unique users who have ever installed the app.

So you could download the app all you want, and you'd see total installs on the developer console go up, but it wouldn't change the number shown in the store. Even if it did, it would take an exorbitant amount of time to reach a number that would be capable of influencing people.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I doubt there are any rules against it -- you'd have to look at Google's terms of service to get a definitive answer for that -- but I also doubt this would actually work. According to androidcentral.com/ask-ac-how-many-installs-does-app-really-have this article, the number shown on the store is a count of the number of unique users who have ever installed the app.

So you could download the app all you want, and you'd see total installs on the developer console go up, but it wouldn't change the number shown in the store. Even if it did, it would take an exorbitant amount of time to reach a number that would be capable of influencing people.

hi thanks for replying ,

yea i thought so as well, i thought it is for unique users however i have 35 unique users and 70+ installs. google is showing 50-100 installs so it counts the installs not users

thanks again for replying

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)