How do I download all the sounds before playing the game

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This Student Workbook uses both Construct 3 & 2 encoding. It supplies client-side & php "back-end" encoding.
  • Hey guys!

I think Construct's "Preload sounds" function doesn't work properly as only one sound is playing for a game on Chrome for Android instead of more.

Works fine on a pc and iphone.

How do I download all the sounds before playing the game to make sure all the sound will be played correctly from the beginning? Scirra

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you describe the way you exported for Chrome on Android?

• Can you describe the way you exported for Chrome on Android?

I've exported as "HTML5 website" and launched the index file uploaded on dropbox.

• It's working well on iOS Safari and PC Chrome.

It could be the Android phone's problem too.

Ahh, HTML5 games needs time

BUT if you have any suggestions how to improve sound playback even on older devices I would gladly hear it!

• Hey guys!

How do I get sound working properly even on older Android phones?! I export as HTML5 website.

On iOS I figured out that if you export project without minifying the script it plays well but only when the user is online! If you bookmarked the game on your home screen and you try to play it offline - the sounds won't work.

But tried on two couple of years old Android phones and on one there is no sound on default Android browser and there is only one sound playing on Chrome.

On another one sound are not working at all in default browser.

But two year old phones are not that old! And you never know if the sound is going to work correctly even on never devices.

I imported both m4a and ogg files.

When you play HTML5 games somewhere else on net - sound is okay, but Construct's2 games have problems with sound.

Guys and Scirra, how to make sound flawless? If other HTML5 devs can do it, why can't we? Please Scirra consider sounds as a serious task in your to do list.

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)