How do I Disable Touch for x amount of Seconds?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Like tourists, Travel around the world as fast as you can!
  • Hello,

I am working on a Trivia game and currently when you press the correct/incorrect answer It will display a graphic, add points, remove HP from player or enemy and then load the next question.

Well during that 5 seconds or so the player can continue to click on the answer boxes so I just wanted to turn touch off for that amount of time.

I thought it would be easy and set it to disable touch when the "Correct/Incorrect" object appears(I have this set to go over all the answer options) that touch could be turned off.

so I tried doing If Obj_Answer_Result Opacity = 100 then Touch = disabled but all touch offers when doing this or comparing to a variable it "Set Permission."

Any one have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Rich

Tagged:

• Well.. you can use a boolean and compare on each toucheable item if its true or false.

So, when you need, turn it to false and after to true again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry I have not worked with booleans yet...do you have any examples of what you mean?

• Hey!

It would look like this.

The variable touchEnabled controls when touches are active. If it's 1, touchs work, else, they don't.

You must add this condition (if touchEnabled = 1) to all touch actions. When you want to disable touch set touchEnabled to 0 and back to 1 when it's supposed to work again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

• Are you using C3 or C2?

If C2 just go as brunopalermo said..

If C3, just create a variable as boolean.

And on each touch control compare if: is true

• I guessed it was C2, 'cause were in the C2 forum...

(Yeah, I get confused sometimes, too)

• I guessed it was C2, 'cause were in the C2 forum...

(Yeah, I get confused sometimes, too)

True, my bad.

• I am using CS2 so I will give bruno's suggestion a try. Thanks for the input!

• Brilliant...worked great! Thanks folks. I actually just bought CS3 for the export functions so I might end up moving to CS3 but undecided since I know everything is working in CS3.

thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)