8 Directions Movement WITHOUT acceleration/deceleratn

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Character Sprite Pack: Walk 4 Directions made in illustrator
  • I'm very stressed by Acceleration and Deceleration on 8 Directions Movement. Why there is no movement with simple move, when I press D and then sprite move directly on some speed. I don't need any Acc/Dec. I've try to set Acc/Decc to 999 or even more, but this just make the movement feels heavy and sometimes there is delay on the input. THANKS!

• I feel your stress and I have fought to get those settings right many times.

You can set acceleration to be less than player speed and decelleration to be very high like 2000 and that will give you close to what you want.

The only other way is to not use 8 direction and use straight movement commands setting the sprite to X and Y coordinates but requires more events and loses some of the 8 direction behavior features.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I feel your stress and I have fought to get those settings right many times.

You can set acceleration to be less than player speed and decelleration to be very high like 2000 and that will give you close to what you want.

The only other way is to not use 8 direction and use straight movement commands setting the sprite to X and Y coordinates but requires more events and loses some of the 8 direction behavior features.

Thanks for the reply. I tried many times to configures the Max Speed, Acc, and Dec, then finally I got close to what I want.

• Check out the custom movement behaviour you should be able to do what you suggest with that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)