8 direction and custom control issue.

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Hello!

I've a problem with tweaking the controls to my needs.

What I want is a sprite moving in 8 directions but going over solid objects in the same time.

Now 8 direction behaviour works just great for the controls but the sprite collides with solid.

Custom control doesn't collide, but I can't make a smooth movement like in 8 direction. I can't set any deceleration.

So I don't know which way to go and what's possible.

Should I try and make a sprite go over solid with 8 direction behaviour.

Or should I figure out how to simulate deceleration for custom control because it hasn't got that option.

I'm trying to make a ghost game where the ghost is able to pass through solid, and I need to keep it solid for other stuff.

If anyone 's got an idea on how to solve this, I would be thankful for your time and help!

Regards,

matcon!

• Try "On offset with object" set solid disabled, and then after "on offset with object" inverted, set solid again.

• Or you could use on Collision instead.

• Thank you for your time.

That's what I was kinda trying as well but when I set Solid to disabled, all the other objects start falling through as well (NPCs, boxes).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The ghost is the player?

• Yes. Any ideas? I can't make him move smoothly with custom control 'cause there's no deceleration. Using custom control makes my ghost sprite not collide with anything. On the other hand, if I use 8 Direction, Ghost collides with Solid.

• try this

• Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)