How do I detect simultaneous key (code) pressed, not down?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi.

I have a character, that uses two buttons: one for a PUNCH, another for a KICK. For those events I use "on PRESS".

Is there any way to trigger pressing PUNCH & KICK at the same time, but not by "ON KEY DOWN" (Key down works differently then press. DOWN triggers the event continuosly, while PRESS triggers is only once /similar to DOWN and immediately RELEASE/).

I wish to emulate something like:

-> On key pressed O

-> On key pressed P

not like this:

-> on O down

-> on P down

I know that I can't really do the first, because its triggers, and it looks like I can use only one trigger at a time.

The problem that occures with me is that:

When I press DOWN the O+P keys, first an event under O starts and then/after, the right O+P event.

It looks like my character, after pressing O+P, first punch (O), and then do super-move (O+P).

I also don't want to use ON DOWN for punching/kicking, other wise the player can just hold the button and punching will be run continuosly until player releases it.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Use the system --> trigger once condition to make it work like a trigger:

Is punch down

Is kick down

trigger once

And then you have to add a condition to the other events as well.

On punch

kick is not down --> punch

On kick

punch is not down --> kick

And read the manual about conditions and triggers before continuing. It will save you a lot of time later on.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great answer! Thank you so much. I didn't try it yet, but I see the logic here, which will solve my issue 100% !!!

Thank you a lot!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)