How do I detect what part of my object is hitting another object?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hi everyone, I'm trying to make a game, but I need help with the death sequence. So in my game, you skateboard in a halfpipe, and I need to know how to detect if my player is upside down and hitting the floor. I've tried using the angle between event. Didn't work. I tried making the head a different object. Didn't work. Please help me community, I know you can.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So like when this happens it kills the player and the death screen pops up.

• You can pin a small invisible sprite to the head and check if it's colliding or overlapping the floor. Or define an image point "Head" on the Player sprite and use "System Pick overlapping point" condition.

Pick object:Floor Overlapping Point X:Player.ImagePointX("Head"), Y:Player.ImagePointY("Head")

• You can pin a small invisible sprite to the head and check if it's colliding or overlapping the floor. Or define an image point "Head" on the Player sprite and use "System Pick overlapping point" condition.

Pick object:Floor Overlapping Point X:Player.ImagePointX("Head"), Y:Player.ImagePointY("Head")

Wow! Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)