• 4 posts
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • Hi there, i need a little help.

Following Situation:

1 Bullet

20 Targets (Instances)

Event: On Collision Bullet -> Target

Action: Pick Target beside the one which was collided (neighbor)and destroy this one.

I think it is not possible to pick another Instance during this collisions event.

Is it possible to destroy a instance without picking it ?

What is wrong in my way of thinking ?

Thank's

• Yeah, I once did something similar. It went something like this.

I had an instance variable on the "target" called objectID that was an internal ID I was keeping, so there would be no two targets with the same ID (probably I could have used the UID but anyway).

Event: Bullet on collision with Target, Actions save Target.objectID to a local variable auxID, Target.X to auxX, Target.Y to auxY

SubEvent

- system pick all Targets

- Target.objectID <> aux

- Target.X > auxX - 100

- Target.X < auxX + 100

- Target.Y > auxY - 100

- Target.Y < auxY + 100

Action for subevent            -> Target.destroy

This should destroy all targets within 100 "radius" (rather a rectangle but too lazy to do sin, cos etc) of the hit, except the one which got hit.

• Hi, OK

I've learned:

Pick All of a object which is involved in the collision, then reduce the picked ones with the help of local variables (NOR).

Instead of adressing the uid directly.

(The "Destroy-Range" effect is a cool and easy idea !)

I keep on testing a little bit with this solution, thank you

But anyway, i need first a pick and then destroy.

Picking a third object under an collision event i.e. in a subevent isn't possible (?)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes you need to pick what you want to destroy, if you don't pick, it will destroy that which is already picked, i.e. the target that was involved in the collision. You got this right now.

Not sure what you mean by picking a third object under a collision event, in a subevent. If you mean an object of a type that wasn't involved in a collision (e.g. "bullet" and "target" collided, and you want to pick "flower"), that IS possible, just tell the System->Pick all what to pick, or filter by that directly, i.e.

event: bullet on collision with target

event action: save coordinates to some local variables like in my post above

subevent: flower->[...compare X and Y like in my post above...]

subevent action->flower.destroy

This should destroy all flowers around the collision, and not destroy the target or the bullet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)