How do I design asteroids field of view for mobile?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Asteroids Game Pack contains environment elements, vehicles and a background to create an arcade asteroid space game
  • I'm currently in the process of designing the assets for the game and i've been brainstorming how to handle the onscreen controls and the field of view for the actual game.

I've seen a few mobile games that have the buttons near the bottom corners, but these can and do cover the ship and asteroids at times when they leave or enter the screen at those points. I've also seen some that have bars on either side of the screen that house the controls. The ship and asteroids actually enter and leave the screen a few pixels before the edge of these bars.

So my question is, how do i design the area that the ship/asteroids enter/leave the screen without covering them up? My layout and window size are the same at 960x540. I thought about bringing the sides of the window in, so the actual window would be 704x540 and placing the bars on the sides. But i thought anything outside the window would not be seen on screen.

I'm getting close to being finished with the sprites and start building the game, but i am really stumped with this. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)