Delta Time Issue with Awesomium?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Time rewind like in "Braid". Choose objects that will be affected by time rewind
  • I'm having a problem with delta time in the Awesomium export I think. I only say I think because I'm not positive, and I put this in "How Do I?" because I don't know if it's a bug.

I initially had a "Wait" action in the events, but for some reason the EXE export would just skip right by them really quickly, though not instantly, and it would bypass the "On Audio End" trigger. On the HTML5 version it plays through the splash logos just fine and the "On Audio End" trigger does trigger just fine, whether testing or playing online.

Here are the two different versions:

Happiness! Demo HTML5 Version

Happiness! Demo EXE Version 25MB

The first one will play correctly, the second one is screwy. The events are laid out the same. Right now they're using a private variable on the splash logo called timer that every tick is set to:

splash_logo.timer - 1 * dt

Before they were just using the "Wait" action.

I feel like it's a bug, but I don't know if it is. I haven't experienced that issue elsewhere yet on the EXE export, but I may have just not have noticed elsewhere, too.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try putting a text object visibly on the screen and every tick set it to tickcount. This forces the screen to be redrawn every tick. Some old versions of Chrome had timing bugs when the screen was not redrawn every tick, and Awesomium is stuck on an old version of Chrome, so it might still be affected.

• Worked like a charm! Fantastic! Thanks a million!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)