Delayed shooting with one key press

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Shoot balls to destroy as many blocks as possible, at each stage the game will become more difficult.
  • I'm trying to make an object shoot other objects when the player presses a button, but the shoots should be delayed by 0.1 seconds.

I tried 'repeat' with 'every 0.1 seconds', but it just shoots once.

I tried 'repeat' with 'wait', but it just freezes the game after I press the key.

I tried substituting 'repeat' with a 'for', and it does the same in both scenarios.

I tried to assign a variable with an 'every 0.1 seconds', but it just shoots once.

I would post the capx but it's a mess, so if you really need me, I'll try to recreate the problem in a new one (I hope that's not necessary).

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So are you:

• Trying to shoot multiple shots with one press of the button, spaced 0.1 seconds apart,
    • Trying to shoot multiple shots while the button is held down, spaced 0.1 seconds apart, or
    • Trying to shoot one shot, delayed 0.1 seconds after the button is pressed (or released)?
  • Trying to shoot multiple shots with one press of the button, spaced.

I have another action that doesn't let me 'shot' more than once per second, so let's say I press the button two seconds in a row, I would want, at these times:

0.0 shot 1

0.1 shot 2

0.2 shot 3

1.0 shot 1

1.1 shot 2

1.2 shot 3

• + On key pressed

-> Spawn an object

-> Wait 0.1 seconds

-> Spawn an object

-> Wait 0.1 seconds

-> Spawn an object

• My bad, I should have said that the number of shoots could vary and I'm shooting them from different image points, so that's why I was trying to use a loop...

Anyway, checking for the points worked as Ashley said, so thank you very much!

Can you explain me why the wait inside the loop freezes the game?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)