How do I: Default loading background black

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Hi,

I need to change the default loading screen background from black to white. The game needs to sit seamlessly into a white background website.

Now before you say 'create a custom preloading layout' I've done that, but there is always a black screen that loads before the preloading layout.

image here: dl.dropboxusercontent DOT com/u/3447537/preload DOT jpg

(apologies but I cannot show the game content)

It always shows the 'default' loading

am I missing something here? Is there a way I can just change the default loader background color?

Thanks

• Yes, I would like to know that too. How do I upvote this question? lol

• anyone? this is super important :F

• Yes, you can. But not in Construct 2, but after you export the project.

1. Export your project to HTML5.

2. Open the exported index.html file with a text editor (I recommend Notepad++).

3. Find line 29:

background: #000;[/code:2f99pzwp]
    4. Change [code:2f99pzwp]#000[/code:2f99pzwp] to [code:2f99pzwp]#fff[/code:2f99pzwp]
    5. Save.

[img="http://shrani.si/f/3K/kX/1m32Bcn5/1.png"]
    [img="http://shrani.si/f/2d/86/497IjHOH/2.png"]

You can change the background color to any color. Look at HEX color codes (they are made of # and 3 characters)
  • [...]

You can change the background color to any color. Look at HEX color codes (they are made of # and 3 characters)

using only 3 characters (#RGB, where R,G,B represent the values for red green and blue respectively) limits the variety of colour you can have (3,360). I know it's not required for this post, but just for reference, you can make a colour like #RRGGBB which gives 16,581,120 different colour combinations.

NB: My maths on the permutation numbers may not be up to scratch.

• Thanks for the post Grig - but if I am reading correctly that will just change the HTML pages background.

I need to change the background of the actual canvas the game loads in

• Then you should look in C2Runtime and search for black, 000 or 000000

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tried looking in C2Runtime & changed the only Black in there to "white" still no dice.

Any one?

• OK - fixed it

I *think* it was when I Changed - <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="white" /> in index.html

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)