Data URI Formatting

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
DATA+ (Addon Pack)
$11.25 USD
50% off
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • Greetings!

So I haven't been able to find any help on this one, and the stuff on the internet doesn't seem to work when used in Construct 2.

I have several images that are loaded during the game depending on the user choice via an option system. I can get any image to load via input in a textbox or listbox, which is great, but that's only when I have the images loaded in as project files.

I'd like to have these images in an external folder, a sub-folder of the game, to allow easy updating without having to update the whole game. I have an easy system setup to load these images by I can't seem to figure out how to format a data URI to fetch images from a sub-folder.

I don't need any encoding or anything, unless it's mandatory; I'd like a simple format to grab the images.

Thanks for any help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I also tried using the file URL format and that didn't work, either. I'm not even sure if this functionality is supported in Construct!

Anyone know if it's even possible to grab an image file (or any other file, like a JSON) from a sub-folder or the game directory?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)