and my another idea:
for example I have three layouts for locations with names: locA, locB, locC. Now, I'm on the local locB and I have two exit point from the left to the locC and from the right to the locC.
1. when I reach to the exit point to the locA I'll save data by "Save" (remember its save data about player stay at locB).
2. I'll change cur_locaction_id as a global var to locA.
3. go to layout locA.
4. load data by "Load" method, but I remember that in this data player at locB.
5. move player to the exit point to locA, because he just came from there.
6. save data by "Save" method, because now he arrived at locA.
7. and I'll do the "Save" method in situations as get and drop items, quest progress, etc.
Hmm... looks not good.... But in other case -- save and load data only thru LocalStorage (as another way to do that) -- looks like a hard work.