Dash/Slide effect

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
3 different games for kids, easy to edit, mobile ready
  • Hi.

I am a total Newbies on Construct 2.

I am currently testing this wonderful software and I exercise to try to reproduce the megaman engine (Nes).

Of course here I am facing my first totally impassable obstacle.

Here's my question;

How to create a "Dash" or "Slide" effect as they see in some episodes of Megaman ??

Exemple here => youtube.com/watch

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • OK..well aside from doing the beginners platformer tutorials...that action is most likely just a simple key press command linked to an animation call and a move command..of x number of pixels in a certain direction ..or a simple move call with different animation...if that makes no sense then really its beginners tutorials 101 for you..:-) :-) welcome aboard..yes you've chosen the BEST tool for making games like that...:-) :-) :-) bravo...now get reading those beginners tutors..there is no other way...we all did it..:-) :-) :-)

• Could you give a bit more explanation about this. I can't seem to find a way to implement a double tap event. For example, I want the player to be able to double tap A, D, Left Arrow, or Right Arrow in order to increase the Platform behavior's Max Speed for as long as that key is held down.

I know there's a way to do it, it's just taken me all day and I've found no examples. :(

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)