Dash

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Alright I am trying to get my character to dash normally and when the animation ends it would continue to run if I input the running but when I press for dash It goes on Infinitely, I mean I can still controll the movement but the animation never ends and it isnt on loop it just stuck on the last frame and just keeps moving with that animation frame on my character Im trying to do a megaman dash like for example in this video

youtube.com/watch at around 0:43 he starts dashing and I tried the variables but im ultimately lost, Help?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • you can increase the player speed dramatically for a few milliseconds then put it back to normal by using the Platform behaviour

• my player character currently has a speed boost/dash using the space bar. I just have it set for

player default max speed at 100

Space bar is pressed (not held), set player max speed at 150

Space bar is released, set player max speed at 100

then throw in appropriate animation changes on each event. The space bar will still register as "being pressed" and continue to have him dash at 150 while holding it down. But with it on pressed (not held) you can interrupt the dash with collisions and other events, making the player retrigger the dash manually as they see fit, vs being able to just hold dash down which will basically tell the character to constantly dash forever regardless of what is happening or whatever rules you set in place.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)