How do I customize the Is By Wall (Platform) ?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • Hello Everyone,

I'm working on a runner game, so I'm using the condition "is by Wall", wherever the character collides with a "wall" the player loose, this works perfect.

But the problem is that I have some walls that I do not want to be affected by this condition (the player shouldn't die).

I'm trying something like

[X] Platform has wall to right

[X] collides with C (INVERT)

Then do not die.

But it's not working.

Any idea?

I would like to continue using the "is by Wall" but to choose which are the walls that can kill the player. Not all of them.

Thanks!

• You can use the "sprite: overlapping at offset" condition to check if the player is next to a certain type of wall.

• You can use the "sprite: overlapping at offset" condition to check if the player is next to a certain type of wall.

I didn't understand completely how to use the Overlapping at offset, I made some tests, but is not working how I want.

Thanks anyway for the idea.

I know the "Jump Thru" does not activate the "isByWall" but this does not apply to my game.

(Basically because the jump thru always maintain the same Angle)

Regards

• I have the same problem with is by wall, but a bit diferent, for example if there are two walls near (right one and left one) no works correctly, then What I did was to create a variable to know if the player is bey wall right o left

• Did you fix your problem Dakiu? I'm looking for the same thing! ^_^

• Did you fix your problem Dakiu? I'm looking for the same thing! ^_^

Nop.

It seems there is no way to select what walls are affected.

At the end I use a workaround and just forget to use the ByWall.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Dakiu That's bad, the Bywall thing is really useful, it'd be good if we were able to specify which wall..

So you did what you wanted in another way? Can you explain brievly how you done? I'm interested! =)

• Like suggested before, using is overlapping at offset you could check what kind of wall it is before having actions applied..

I would think this is the easiest way to have different actions for different walls..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)