Custom load screen appear instead of default in other levels?

1 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hey everyone,

So I've set up my custom loading screen as detailed in Ashley's tutorial, and although it

1 - works as expected, including my custom progress bar expanding until 100% of the width

2 - Then set to "go to next layout" (which it does for my Intro), and the file is also the FIRST

3 - Use Loader Layout -> Yes (in project settings)

If I click (PC) on Preview from a level, say Level 4, it still uses Scrirra's default loader.

I deduced it might come from, quoting Ashley's tut: "Loader layouts are only ever shown the very first time the game is being downloaded from the web [..]". So I imported the Browser object / plugin in my project but still can't figure out how to go about it even after trying a couple triggers & actions browser-related. Did anybody achieve this?

• If I click (PC) on Preview from a level, say Level 4, it still uses Scrirra's default loader.

Do you mean you click "Run layout" (F5), not "Run project" (F4)?

"Run layout" option does exactly what it says - it runs the current layout only. Therefore the loader layout is not shown.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > "Run layout" option does exactly what it says - it runs the current layout only. Therefore the loader layout is not shown.

Hm, I see. Yah, I was doing Run Layout. Just tested it with run project and the loader initiates. I understand now it makes sense since someone will play from the intro, where it be Menu or whatever, and then load to Level 4 if that's where his save point is. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)