How do I use a css style to change look of a progress bar?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Hello everyone. First of all please don't try to link this or that already extisting topic. I have read the manual, I have read tens and tens of topics but I simply don't understand :) I need someone who knows the exact wizard to set up a progress bar with a CSS style.

In my game the HP bars of bosses is set with a standard progress bar and everything works fine although the appearance is terrible.

I know there is a way to change this appearance with CSS.

I have already CSS import plugin, I have my Style.CSS file.

What about now? In none of the topics I read there is a "wise experienced user" that says:

1-download this

2-do this

3-set this

4-congrats you've done!

Every topic is focused on already experienced users. I am a basic one so I probably miss something essential in the process and nothing works.

I've looked for a solution for a couple of weeks, in the meanwhile I've finished the game... this is the last detail I need to polish.

Thank you very much for helping and understanding :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Don't use Progress Bar, it's a form control, they are difficult to style and have lots of problems.

Progress bar is ridiculously easy to make with a sprite or a tiled background object. Simply create a rectangular sprite, set image point position at x=0, and on every tick update its width.

For example:

HealthBar Set width max(maxWidth*(currentHP/maxHP), 0)

Note - max(...,0) expression is only needed to prevent it growing in the opposite direction in case the HP value drops below 0.

• Thank you mate, I have read about this but in this way I have a bar that get shorter, right?

I have not a bar Which progressively empty....

By the way I Will follow your tips.... At least I can draw my own Health bar.

Thank you again

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)