Crossswalk aplication crash on startup Android 4.2.2

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Hello. I am having trouble with the crosswalk export and then testing it on device.

Here is the problem.

My tablet Arm7 quadcore running Android 4.2.2

Android export : is working on the device

Legacy Android export: Working

Ludei CoconJS Working

AppPreview Working

Android Crosswalk 7 or 10 Crashing while loading construct 2 logo. I have tried every possible combination of plugins, disabled ,enabled. Nothing works. I am desperate. I have no idea what is the problem. But it works on my phone which has Android 4.4.

Is it possible that XDK has problem with Android 4.2.2? Anyone else have android 4.2.2?

I will post the apk file after it finish uploading. I cant really continue development until this is solved.

Thank you for any advice, have been trying to solve this 7 days already

PS: I heard that it crashes on loading sounds. So it is definitely crosswalk bug. Because all other export options work perfectly. Anyone knows how to fix this.

here is the apk: Note that the problem is only on android 4.2.2

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ficy0hibx0dtdf2/website2.crosswalk.arm.20150215090440.apk

• ok , if anyone having trouble like i have, when your game crashes on loading because of the sounds. Here i have come up with easy fix.

PUT all your sound files into music folder! Then , it will run on your android 4.2.2 device no problemo and will not crash.

• ok , if anyone having trouble like i have, when your game crashes on loading because of the sounds. Here i have come up with easy fix.

PUT all your sound files into music folder! Then , it will run on your android 4.2.2 device no problemo and will not crash.

Oh, I have exactly the same problem with Android 4.2.2!! I'll check it your solution tomorrow... I hope it could work

• yeah let me know if it worked for you too

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ex32

It works now, but there is a big problem... the game makes a lot of petitions when plays a sound.

For example: If I want to shoot again and again... it doesn't play sound each time (not enough time to request the sound).

Maybe Scirra could solve this "bug"?

• i dont think so

• Ye, same here. Actually all C2 games I've tried are crashing and all other games, not made in C2 are not, which is annoying. Not C2 problem, though.

• Samsung i9300 Galaxy S III - Android 4.3 - almost no crashes here, so all good
    • GIGABYTE GSmart Guru G1 - Android 4.2.1 - more crashes than on S3
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T110 - Android 4.4.2 - this one has newest version, but crashes most. When I do clean install of a C2 game, the game works fine. Next time I try it, it crashes. To make it work again I have to reinstall it or restart the device.

It looks like bad memory management. Haven't tried any fiddling with audio, but there's something about it.

see this post

• Nobody else having this isue? This is really urgent, we cant even publish our game until this is solved

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)