Creating acceleration for objects

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Hey guys!

I'm having a bit of trouble with a game that I have created,

Basically its abit of a silly money drop game, but I want the objects dropping to gradually increase the longer the game goes on to make it harder.

I can think of a few ways to do this, like making the game wait 15 seconds and then starting a whole new script event to make new objects. But I think this seems like the wrong way of going about it. But I'm sure there is a way which In which to gradually increase the system spawn speed. I have looked all over tutorials and the forum to get some advice but I cant really find anything on this specifically.

Basically so far I Have

System > Wait 1.5 second > system > Create object.

Im sure there is an expression that I can use in here which will gradually increase the spawn time, I just cant figure out what it is.

Can anyone help? I've tried just putting a *1 on the system time to see if it will gradually increase, but its not working.

Here is my CAPX file.

Many thanks,

Lewis

• Hi,

no capx shown.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe create a global variable called difficulty, increase it in every 30 seconds or every x waves or whatever.

And then when you call System.Wait, you can pass in something like this:

System.Wait (30-difficulty) seconds. Of course you should use something to limit it to a minimum. Here are some expressions to help you with such things: scirra.com/manual/126/system-expressions

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)