Create a survival

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello guys, I want to create a survival game.

A brief description:

You spawn on a map(a huge map smth like minecraft world, tile based) and you must find your way to survive, cut trees, kill beasts, eat etc.

You will see you character from a third persion camera that is above you and ponited at you, smth like a birds eye.

I have to store objects position on the map, because the player will have the ability to drop items, and create wherever he wants.

I want to know if anyone ever tried to do smth like this and some ideas on how to create the map and how to create a positioning system.

I will apreciate any advice and if anyone would like to help me create the engine and make it public, please tell me.

Btw.. I found a game that suits my vision: dontstarvegame.com

• That would be really easy !

The only thing here is that unless R0J0hound or Yann shows up , it would take you a lot of time to get the minecraft-style randomizing+saving system

It would be hard but possible ...

I have a little idea 'bout that but I won't be able to code it or achieve it ... ( School , Time , Personnal projects )

Another thing you want to know , the 3rd person view is only the 8-direction behavior with some animations to create an illusion !

Maybe , if this issue isn't solved before tommorow , I'll be able to help ya !

Cheers !

• thx for the replay,

The biggest problem I have is the deph of field, it looks like C2 is not going to support the render tech needed... I must come up with smth

xD

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Explain , man , C2 can support any game in 2d but no 3d is available and won't be available

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)