How do I create a stat counter for a tycoon game

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Make a displayed number gradually increase or decrease, making an impression of a real-time counting.
  • Hey guys,

I'm currently building a tycoon based game. I'm currently having issues finding help on how to create a stat counter for my game. I would like to create a menu where my players can look at different stats like, "how much income they've made" "How many jobs have been completed" etc. I was hoping to find maybe a plug in or even a tutorial. If anybody could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. Thank you.

• How far have you come by yourself?

For the stats I would either use variables or use an array to store them in..

on job completed add 1 to JobsCompleted

on money earned add money to MoneyMade

then you can set a textobject to : "Money made: $"&MoneyMade

or if you use an array to: "Money made: "Money made: $"&Array.at(x,y) (where x,y is the position in the array you have put the amount of money made)

• Thanks, that is exactly what we needed. We're still in the beginning stages, we have most of the images completed, we just started the programming side of things. Now, we want all of their stats to be saved everytime they log in/out of a game. Should we use the web storage function, or set up our own server? Again, thanks for the help.

• You could use either webstorage or savegame or use Ajax and send it to an MySQL-database..

Depends on your needs and expectations really..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for your fast reply! I guess we will eventually use Ajax. This program is absolutely amazing and we can't wait to buy it! Thanks again for your help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)