How can i create a Spawner for an object

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • So, a bit of context, i'm a student learning videogame design, and i'm currently doing my exam, which is a clone of donkey kong country 1.

i'm trying to create an easy way for me to create some of the clusters of bananas using image points (not the bunches that give you 10) so i can easily place them in the layout without worrying too much on precise placing. however, i can't seem to get them to work.

i have a total of 4 spawners in a family called "BananaSpawners". and i tried this

"BananaSpawners On Created: Banana Spawners Set Invisible - Banana Spawners Spawn Banana on Layer "Game" (image point 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5 & 6 & 7 & 8 & 9)

There's a total of 4 Banana spawners.

an arrow pointing down, wich should spawn 9 bananas, one on each image point

a duo of bananas, which should spawn 1 on each image point

a trio and a diagonal set of bananas, which should spawn 3, one on each image point

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nFvbhSo9bcpMK1Paj0HEtfLd6lu9CFfR this is the URL to the project, it uses Construct2, version 259 IIRC.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "&" is a logical "AND" operator. The result of (1&2&3&4&5&6&7&8&9)=1, so it spawns one banana at image point 1.

You need to define an instance variable "quantity" on the family and do this:

Also, to optimize your project you can combine all spawners into one sprite (as separate animations or frames), and set them invisible on the layout.

• "&" is a logical "AND" operator. The result of (1&2&3&4&5&6&7&8&9)=1, so it spawns one banana at image point 1.

You need to define an instance variable "quantity" on the family and do this:

Also, to optimize your project you can combine all spawners into one sprite (as separate animations or frames), and set them invisible on the layout.

That worked! thank you very much, i apreciate it <3

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)