How do I Create multiple objects without changing the others

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi,

I have a issue and for a few days now i can't seem to fix it.

I've looked up some stuff on creating multiple instances of 1 single object but yet i can not fix it.

The issue is the following:

I have multiple enemies which are getting spawned over time. Each enemy will walk around and once into a specific area ( a sprite ) it will start to attack.

The attack is simply a: Create object on enemy. This attack is a animation ( a slash ). Now this works but for some reason i can't get multiple targets to attack in the specific range. To destroy the "Slash" i use > On animation finished > Destroy. I think this actually destroys all the animations..

This is what I've done:

The result is that if multiple enemies are in range ( overlapping the "attackRange" sprite ) only 1 will attack. So it seems. All sword will become invisible and visible though. Only 1 slash animation shows at a time.

What i need is that every enemy will simply attack and has it's own Slash animation.

I can't upload my .capx since it's a part of a whole game.

Thanks in advance.!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Alright this is very akward but i just tried "Spawn another object" instead of "Create object" and that works somehow.

I wish i knew why. Any one here having a explanation why spawning the object works instead of creating it?

Would be good info for my learning curve! Thanks!

• This is a simple picking problem.

You are not referencing the Enemysword1 in your first event, so all are selected..

You probably have a way to keep enemysword1 attached to each enemy, so you should be able to pick the right sword in the event..

So the event should be something like:

Enemy is overlapping

Pick attached enemy sword

set enemy sword invisible

spawn slash at enemy.x,enemy.y

enemyslash On animation finished

Pick right enemy / enemysword

set enemy sword visible

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)