How do I create multiple enemies of the same type?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • For whatever reason I am cloning my "slime" and it doesn't seem to be retaining the same LOS and other behaviors as the original. Whats the best way to keep these going throughout so I can reuse enemies?

I am trying out "family" but don't completely understand it and not sure if I'm doing it correctly.

Can anyone refer me to a straightforward tutorial to fix this? Or be able to point out what I'm doing wrong?

File link below.

drive.google.com/file/d/1BFioyRM_NoVW9cUagCJHeAEEBellXNqQ/view

• When I clone the slime object, it is copying all the values that are found in the original. I don't think that is the problem you are having. I believe, that the issue is, your events are coded to the slime, not the family.

• Thank you! Also quick note. I just found that pressing the arrow keys makes the slime jump or move. Do you know how to disable this? I have my player movement set to WASD.

• And if you've created the family and it works. Is there any chance you'd be able to send me the file? I haven't worked with families before and would like to see what you did.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • On your slimes platformer behavior, you need to uncheck the "use default controls" parameter.

Unfortunately, I'm posting from my phone and not in a location where I can send it but, all you need to do is, move all behaviors and instance variables you want the family to share, from the slime to slime_family. Then replace slime in every event and action with slime_family. Treat the family like it is a sprite.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)