How do I create Monaco style map

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I want to achieve the effect as in the picture above, the shadow is replaced with a "blueprint" map sortof style.

I just want to know how to replace the shadows with the map.

Any tips or examples would be great!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would try doing something like putting a light source on its own layer, set the Background color to black, "Force own texture" to true and add a Multiply effect.

Set the light source shadow color to white (have to do it in the event sheet, can't do it in the props pane.) Now your "shadows" will create a flashlight effect instead.

That doesn't get you 100% of the way there, but maybe that will give you some things to fiddle with at least.

• I'm not sure that I understood what you meant but thanks anyway . I'm trying to use blend modes and tried multiply, but doesn't seem like they work all that well.

• Some of the effects require the layer properties to be set as I mentioned in the last post. Multiply is one of them. Achieving an effect like the one you're looking for is going to be tricky no matter what.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)